Starting a new business? Get 40% off our accountancy services for 3 months! 😀


A CT600 form is used by a limited company to file its Company Tax Return to HMRC.

Why do I need to complete a CT600 form?

Some organisations, such as limited companies, pay Corporation Tax on the profits that they make from trading and investment income. It’s also applicable to other organisations, like societies, associations, clubs and charities. You’ll submit a CT600, along with supporting documents, so that HMRC know how much Corporation Tax is due.

Should I include my overseas profits on my CT600 tax return form?

If the company is based in the UK it will be liable for Corporation Tax on all of the profits that it makes, wherever they originate. If the company is based overseas but trades through a branch or office in the UK, only the taxable profits in the UK will be liable to UK tax.

accounting services for limited companies

Capital Gains are also liable to Corporation Tax, but are known as chargeable gains.

What are the requirements for Corporation Tax?

There are three requirements for a limited company, or any other organisation, to adhere to when it comes to Corporation Tax:

Do I need to submit anything with my CT600?

The CT600 company tax return form is usually submitting with supporting documents, such as the company accounts.

How do I submit a CT600 form?

From 1st April 2011, it became compulsory to file your CT600 online for accounting periods ending after 31st March 2010. It’s also compulsory to pay Corporation Tax electronically.

Learn more about our online accountancy services for limited companies by calling one of our team on 020 3355 4047, or get an instant quote.

About The Author

Elizabeth Hughes

A content writer specialising in business, finance, software, and beyond. I'm a wordsmith with a penchant for puns and making complex subjects accessible. Learn more about Elizabeth.

More posts by this author
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Read more posts...

Architects and Tax

Architecture is a highly diverse sector when it comes to tax. It’s partly down to the type of businesses that carry out…

Read More

June 2022 Client of the Month: Manea Kella

This month we spoke to Adrian Manea, architect and director at Manea Kella, a London based RIBA Chartered architecture and interior design…

Read More

Succession Planning for Business Owners: What Comes Next?

When you own a business, it’s extremely normal to feel like you’re surviving one day to the next – ‘winging it’, as…

Read More
Back to Blog...

Confirm Transactions

The number of monthly transactions you have entered based on your turnover seem high. A transaction is one bookkeeping entry such as a sale, purchase, payment or receipt. Are you sure this is correct?

Yes, submit my quote
No, let me change it

Please contact our sales team if you’re unsure

VAT Returns

It is unlikely you will need this service, unless you are voluntarily registered for VAT.

Are you sure this is correct?

Yes, the business is VAT registered
No, let me change it

Call us on 020 3355 4047 if you’re not sure.


You only need this service if you want us to complete the bookkeeping on your behalf.

Would you prefer to complete your own bookkeeping?


Call us on 020 3355 4047 if you’re not sure.