Don't miss out on our Black Friday offer 60% off for 3 months! 🎉


There may be times when you need to change your VAT registration details. You should report any changes to HMRC as soon as possible, to avoid any penalties.

How do I report changes to my VAT registration?

You should report any changes or updates to your VAT registration using form VAT484, which is available from HMRC.

What changes do I need to record on my VAT registration?

Inform HMRC within 30 days if any of the information you gave whilst registering for VAT changes. This might include changes such as:

If you register for VAT but stop selling goods or services liable for VAT, you’ll need to cancel your registration. You can also apply to cancel your VAT registration if turnover is less than the registration threshold.

comprehensive vat returns service

How to cancel your VAT registration

Cancelling your VAT registration online is fairly simple, as long as you’re already signed up for online VAT services. If you aren’t registered for online services, you’ll need to complete and submit a form VAT 7 to HMRC.

You must continue charging VAT, and accounting for it, until HMRC confirm that your VAT registration has been cancelled. And remember, you must keep copies of your VAT records for the minimum period!

Talk to one of the team about our online accounting services. Call 020 3355 4047, or use the live chat button on your screen.

About The Author

Elizabeth Hughes

A content writer specialising in business, finance, software, and beyond. I'm a wordsmith with a penchant for puns and making complex subjects accessible.

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Read more posts...

How Do I Sell My Limited Company?

People sell their limited companies for all sorts of reasons. They might be looking to retire, hit hard times, or want to…

Read More

Comparing Crunch Accounting and The Accountancy Partnership: Finding an Online Accountant

Choosing the right accountant for your business can be a bit confusing, especially with so many options available. If you’re looking for…

Read More

The 2021 Autumn Budget and the Hospitality Industry

The Chancellor’s Autumn 2021 Budget and Spending Review included support for businesses trying to rebuild after the pandemic. It was received with…

Read More
Back to Blog...

Confirm Transactions

The number of monthly transactions you have entered based on your turnover seem high. A transaction is one bookkeeping entry such as a sale, purchase, payment or receipt. Are you sure this is correct?

Yes, submit my quote
No, let me change it

Please contact our sales team if you’re unsure

VAT Returns

It is unlikely you will need this service, unless you are voluntarily registered for VAT.

Are you sure this is correct?

Yes, the business is VAT registered
No, let me change it

Call us on 020 3355 4047 if you’re not sure.


You only need this service if you want us to complete the bookkeeping on your behalf.

Would you prefer to complete your own bookkeeping?


Call us on 020 3355 4047 if you’re not sure.