Starting a new business? Get 40% off our accountancy services for 3 months! 😎


The 64-8 form authorises HMRC to discuss your tax affairs with someone acting on your behalf.

Why do I need a 64-8 form?

Running a business can be time consuming even without HMRC and other legal requirements. It’s why many people find it easier to outsource to an accountant to deal with HMRC on their behalf.

Data protection and GDPR laws mean that HMRC can’t discuss your affairs with someone else without your permission.

Will I still be responsible for everything?

Even if you authorise your accountant to talk to HMRC on your behalf, your accounts and finances are still your responsibility.

Who can use a 64-8 form?

You can use form 64-8 to authorise HMRC to deal with agent acting on behalf if you’re an individual, trust or partnership. They will be able to deal with Pay As You Earn (PAYE), Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) and Corporation Tax on your behalf. The 64-8 form has boxes to tick for each category to indicate which of your tax affairs can be dealt with by your agent or accountant.


Online accountancy services

Get a quote and see how much you could be saving!

Get an instant quote

What about in a partnership?

Each partner is partnership must complete their own 64-8 to authorise their agent or accountant. The main partnership itself will also need to provide it’s own 64-8.

What if I have more than one agent acting on my behalf?

You’ll also need to complete separate 64-8 forms for each agent who represents you, if there are more than one. The services that each agent deals with must be made clear on the form.

Talk to us about our online accounting services, and how we can act on your behalf. Call 020 3355 4047, or use the live chat button screen. You can also get an instant quote with our online form.

About The Author

Lee Murphy

MAAT and ICPA accountant, with a passion for making accountancy and bookkeeping accessible. Other interests include cloud-based software development for web and mobile access, keeping fit, reading, and entrepreneurship.

More posts by this author
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Read more posts...

What is a Non-Established Taxable Person for VAT?

There are special VAT rules in place for online sellers who are classed as non-established taxable persons (NETPs), and use an online…

Read More

The Accountancy Partnership – Our Positive Reviews

Here at The Accountancy Partnership, we’re proud of our customer reviews The reviews we receive from our customers show how hard we…

Read More

What Type of Legal Structure Should I Choose When I Start a Business?

The structure that you choose when you start a business affects how the business operates, the amount of tax you pay, how…

Read More
Back to Blog...

Confirm Transactions

The number of monthly transactions you have entered based on your turnover seem high. A transaction is one bookkeeping entry such as a sale, purchase, payment or receipt. Are you sure this is correct?

Yes, submit my quote
No, let me change it

Please contact our sales team if you’re unsure

VAT Returns

It is unlikely you will need this service, unless you are voluntarily registered for VAT.

Are you sure this is correct?

Yes, the business is VAT registered
No, let me change it

Call us on 020 3355 4047 if you’re not sure.


You will receive our bookkeeping software Pandle for free, as part of your package.

You can use this to complete your own bookkeeping, or we can provide a quote to complete your bookkeeping for you.

Please select and option below:

I will do my own bookkeeping
I want you to do my bookkeeping

Call us on 020 3355 4047 if you’re not sure.