Starting a new business? Get 40% off our accountancy services for 3 months! 😀


If your club, society, or another similar organisation starts business activities as a limited company, use the CT41G (Clubs) form to tell HMRC. This is so that HMRC know when your organisation is liable to start paying Corporation Tax. Our short video explains Corporation Tax in a bit more detail. You can also provide this information online.


When should I send my CT41G to HMRC?

You should send the form to HMRC within three months, even if the company isn’t trading or carrying on a business activity.

Similarly, if you have a dormant company which becomes active and starts trading, you should inform HMRC within three months using a form CT41G.

accounting services for limited companies

Is a CT41G the same as a Company Tax Return?

No, the CT41G form lets HMRC know when you’re liable for Corporation Tax. You will still need to file your company tax return online.

Get started with an instant tailored quote for accounting services, talk to an advisor using the live chat button, or call 020 3355 4047.

About The Author

Beth-Anne Bruce

I'm an experienced and fully AAT and ACCA qualified accountant, who is enthusiastic about helping business owners succeed. I also love cooking and needlepoint (at different times!). Learn more about Beth.

More posts by this author
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Read more posts...

Architects and Tax

Architecture is a highly diverse sector when it comes to tax. It’s partly down to the type of businesses that carry out…

Read More

June 2022 Client of the Month: Manea Kella

This month we spoke to Adrian Manea, architect and director at Manea Kella, a London based RIBA Chartered architecture and interior design…

Read More

Succession Planning for Business Owners: What Comes Next?

When you own a business, it’s extremely normal to feel like you’re surviving one day to the next – ‘winging it’, as…

Read More
Back to Blog...

Confirm Transactions

The number of monthly transactions you have entered based on your turnover seem high. A transaction is one bookkeeping entry such as a sale, purchase, payment or receipt. Are you sure this is correct?

Yes, submit my quote
No, let me change it

Please contact our sales team if you’re unsure

VAT Returns

It is unlikely you will need this service, unless you are voluntarily registered for VAT.

Are you sure this is correct?

Yes, the business is VAT registered
No, let me change it

Call us on 020 3355 4047 if you’re not sure.


You only need this service if you want us to complete the bookkeeping on your behalf.

Would you prefer to complete your own bookkeeping?


Call us on 020 3355 4047 if you’re not sure.