Don't miss out on our Black Friday offer 60% off for 3 months! 🎉


How do I claim for vehicle and travel expenses as a sole trader?

As a sole trader, there will likely be times when you need to meet clients, see suppliers, or make site visits. There’s rarely such a thing as a free ride, but if you are a sole trader or in a partnership and use a car for business, you might be able to claim tax relief on the costs of owning and running it.

You can claim capital allowances for the cost of the vehicle, along with other associated costs such as insurance, road tax, and repairs. You’ll need to apportion your expenses by the amount the vehicle is used for business purposes.

Watch our video to learn more about the rules and regulations around claiming tax relief on expenses when you use your car for business activities, or find out about our online accountancy services for sole traders.

Confirm Transactions

The number of monthly transactions you have entered based on your turnover seem high. A transaction is one bookkeeping entry such as a sale, purchase, payment or receipt. Are you sure this is correct?

Yes, submit my quote
No, let me change it

Please contact our sales team if you’re unsure

VAT Returns

It is unlikely you will need this service, unless you are voluntarily registered for VAT.

Are you sure this is correct?

Yes, the business is VAT registered
No, let me change it

Call us on 020 3355 4047 if you’re not sure.


You only need this service if you want us to complete the bookkeeping on your behalf.

Would you prefer to complete your own bookkeeping?


Call us on 020 3355 4047 if you’re not sure.