Starting a new business? Get 40% off our accountancy services for 3 months! 😀


If you run your own business and your personal or trading address changes, you’ll need to let people know. We’ve compiled a handy list for self-employed business owners, so you know who to tell when you move house or to a new business premises.

Companies House

If you own a limited company or are part of a limited liability partnership (LLP) and your registered office address changes, use form AD01 to let Companies House know.

The move might also means that your company records will be kept in a different place. If so, you should also complete form AD04 to confirm what records will be kept, and where they’ll be located.

You can also notify Companies House of changes to your limited company online.

Telling HMRC if you move

When any of your details change, including address, name or gender, HMRC also need to know. Your details should be updated across each service that you use, such as Corporation Tax (after you’ve told Companies House first), Self Assessment and PAYE.

If you’re VAT registered then you should tell HMRC within 30 days of the change. Contractors and subcontractors will also need update their CIS details.

Tell HMRC about changes to your business>

HMRC and Companies House are the big ones to update to avoid incurring any nasty fines, but there are others who’ll need to know if you or your business moves, too!

Financial providers

Service providers

Interested persons

And the bits that everyone forgets

If you need to update your address with The Accountancy Partnership, you can either contact your accountant directly, or call us on 020 3355 4047.

About The Author

Elizabeth Hughes

A content writer specialising in business, finance, software, and beyond. I'm a wordsmith with a penchant for puns and making complex subjects accessible. Learn more about Elizabeth.

More posts by this author
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Read more posts...

June 2022 Client of the Month: Manea Kella

This month we spoke to Adrian Manea, architect and director at Manea Kella, a London based RIBA Chartered architecture and interior design…

Read More

Succession Planning for Business Owners: What Comes Next?

When you own a business, it’s extremely normal to feel like you’re surviving one day to the next – ‘winging it’, as…

Read More

The Accountancy Partnership – Our Positive Reviews

Here at The Accountancy Partnership, we’re proud of our customer reviews The reviews we receive from our customers show how hard we…

Read More
Back to Blog...

Confirm Transactions

The number of monthly transactions you have entered based on your turnover seem high. A transaction is one bookkeeping entry such as a sale, purchase, payment or receipt. Are you sure this is correct?

Yes, submit my quote
No, let me change it

Please contact our sales team if you’re unsure

VAT Returns

It is unlikely you will need this service, unless you are voluntarily registered for VAT.

Are you sure this is correct?

Yes, the business is VAT registered
No, let me change it

Call us on 020 3355 4047 if you’re not sure.


You only need this service if you want us to complete the bookkeeping on your behalf.

Would you prefer to complete your own bookkeeping?


Call us on 020 3355 4047 if you’re not sure.