Starting a new business? Get 40% off our accountancy services for 3 months! 😎


An SA302 form summarises the income you report to HMRC through your Self Assessment tax return. It’s usually accompanied by a Tax Year Overview which shows the amount of tax that you owe (or the refund that you’re entitled to if you overpay).

Why do I need an SA302 tax calculation form?

You can use your SA302 as evidence of the earnings you reported to HMRC in a particular tax year, so you might be asked to provide this if you’re applying for a loan or a mortgage and you’re self-employed.

Lenders may also ask to see payslips, invoices, evidence of future contracts, or accounts certified by an accountant too, in order to assess how creditworthy you are.

Comprehensive tax return services

From only £24.50 per month

Learn more

How do I get my SA302?

You can access your SA302 tax calculation online through your Personal Tax Account, although you’ll need to wait up to 72 hours to print your calculation if you’ve only just submitted your tax return. You can also ask your accountant to do this for you, or contact HMRC directly and ask for it to be posted out (just be aware that this can take up to 2 weeks).

If you use commercial software to prepare and submit your returns, you’ll normally be able to access your SA302 that way too.

What information is on an SA302 form?

Your SA302 form shows any earnings and income that you’ve received during the tax year, and reported to HMRC. This might come from multiple sources, such as a combination of a salary and self-employment income.

It also shows any tax allowances that you’re entitled to, along with any tax that you’ve already paid, and the calculation behind your tax bill, so it’s useful to check that the figures are correct!

Learn more about our online accounting services for businesses. Call 020 3355 4047 to chat to the team, and get an instant online quote.

About The Author

Lauren Harvey

A fully AAT and ACCA qualified accountant, I support a wide range of businesses, from sole traders and partnerships to larger limited companies. Learn more about Lauren.

More posts by this author
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Read more posts...

Staff Spotlight: Lauren Goodfellow, Admin Junior

This month we spoke to Lauren Goodfellow, Admin Junior at The Accountancy Partnership! Give an overview of the duties, functions and responsibilities…

Read More

Staff Spotlight: Alina Ciorobitca, Payroll Clerk

This month we spoke to Alina Ciorobitca, Payroll Clerk at The Accountancy Partnership! Give an overview of the duties, functions and responsibilities…

Read More

The Accountancy Partnership – Our Positive Reviews

Here at The Accountancy Partnership, we’re proud of our customer reviews The reviews we receive from our customers show how hard we…

Read More
Back to Blog...

Confirm Transactions

The number of monthly transactions you have entered based on your turnover seem high. A transaction is one bookkeeping entry such as a sale, purchase, payment or receipt. Are you sure this is correct?

Yes, submit my quote
No, let me change it

Please contact our sales team if you’re unsure

VAT Returns

It is unlikely you will need this service, unless you are voluntarily registered for VAT.

Are you sure this is correct?

Yes, the business is VAT registered
No, let me change it

Call us on 020 3355 4047 if you’re not sure.


You will receive our bookkeeping software Pandle for free, as part of your package.

You can use this to complete your own bookkeeping, or we can provide a quote to complete your bookkeeping for you.

Please select and option below:

I will do my own bookkeeping
I want you to do my bookkeeping

Call us on 020 3355 4047 if you’re not sure.