Starting a new business? Get 40% off our accountancy services for 3 months! 😎


The SA105 is a supplementary page to the paper version of the Self Assessment tax return form. You should include an SA105 form if you need to report property income to HMRC.
Who needs to complete an SA105 form?

What information should be included on an SA105 form?

How do I submit an SA105?

In a nutshell, an SA105 form is used by anybody who needs to inform HMRC about income they’ve earned from property during the tax year, including:

When you don’t need to submit an SA105:

As ever, there are some exceptions, and an SA105 shouldn’t be used to report:

You don’t need to complete an SA105 form if you submit your Self Assessment tax return online.

There are two sections to an SA105 form, so you’ll need to pick which one is relevant to you or fill in both, if applicable.



Comprehensive tax return services

From only £24.50 per month

Learn more


An SA105 form is a separate document submitting in addition to your SA100 paper-based Self Assessment tax return. You only need to file an SA105 form if you submit your tax return in paper format.

Simply download the SA105 form from HMRC’s website, print it out, fill it in, and then post your return to the address shown on the form.

Don’t forget: The deadline for submitting a paper return is earlier than it is for the online version, so make sure your tax return is with HMRC before 31st October if you’re submitting via post. Failing to do so risks being slapped with a late submission penalty.

Learn more about our online accounting services for property managers, including support for your Self Assessment. Call 020 3355 4047 and get an instant online quote.

About The Author

Stephanie Whalley

Serial snacker, compulsive cocktail sipper and full time wordsmith with a penchant for alliteration, all things marketing and pineapple on pizza.

More posts by this author
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Read more posts...

What is a Non-Established Taxable Person for VAT?

There are special VAT rules in place for online sellers who are classed as non-established taxable persons (NETPs), and use an online…

Read More

The Accountancy Partnership – Our Positive Reviews

Here at The Accountancy Partnership, we’re proud of our customer reviews The reviews we receive from our customers show how hard we…

Read More

What Type of Legal Structure Should I Choose When I Start a Business?

The structure that you choose when you start a business affects how the business operates, the amount of tax you pay, how…

Read More
Back to Blog...

Confirm Transactions

The number of monthly transactions you have entered based on your turnover seem high. A transaction is one bookkeeping entry such as a sale, purchase, payment or receipt. Are you sure this is correct?

Yes, submit my quote
No, let me change it

Please contact our sales team if you’re unsure

VAT Returns

It is unlikely you will need this service, unless you are voluntarily registered for VAT.

Are you sure this is correct?

Yes, the business is VAT registered
No, let me change it

Call us on 020 3355 4047 if you’re not sure.


You will receive our bookkeeping software Pandle for free, as part of your package.

You can use this to complete your own bookkeeping, or we can provide a quote to complete your bookkeeping for you.

Please select and option below:

I will do my own bookkeeping
I want you to do my bookkeeping

Call us on 020 3355 4047 if you’re not sure.