Starting a new business? Get 40% off our accountancy services for 3 months! 😀

x

Research carried out by a UK cartridge retailer has revealed that UK small businesses are wasting almost £1000 on the cost of their office printing. Only 11 percent of the 1,194 business owners who were surveyed said that they ‘actively researched’ best deals available, while most of the businesses admitted printing unnecessarily on a weekly basis.

The research was carried out by Cartridgesave.co.uk, on small businesses with 50 or less employees in a bid to learn more about their expenditure. As 11 percent had confirmed that they looked for the best deals available for office printing expenditure, the other 89 percent were asked about their printing habits. When asked how many documents were printed unnecessarily on a weekly basis, most of the business owners admitted that approximately 500 sheets of paper were used to print off documents that weren’t needed.

The average cost of an ink cartridge and how many documents it will print, plus the cost of toner were considered when calculating the cost of printing waste by businesses. Around £18.50 each week is being wasted by UK small businesses, amounting to £962 every year. Recycling was also surveyed and 57 percent said they recycled all unused documents.
The managing director of Cartridgesave.co.uk, Ian Cowley said:

“It is of course disappointing to see that so many small businesses are wasting money on unnecessary printing and not being mindful about the documents that they print. I am sure that many small businesses across the UK have experienced a few financial problems throughout their duration and this is when £962 a year would certainly be very useful.”

guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Read more posts...

Umbrella Companies for Self-Employed Contractors

When you set up in business as a contractor you might either work as a sole trader or as a limited company….

Read More

Get Ready for Small Business Saturday UK 2022

Small Business Saturday started in the US in 2010, on the first Saturday following Thanksgiving. It aims to encourage shoppers to consider…

Read More

Architects and Tax

Architecture is a highly diverse sector when it comes to tax. It’s partly down to the type of businesses that carry out…

Read More
Back to Blog...

Confirm Transactions

The number of monthly transactions you have entered based on your turnover seem high. A transaction is one bookkeeping entry such as a sale, purchase, payment or receipt. Are you sure this is correct?

Yes, submit my quote
No, let me change it

Please contact our sales team if you’re unsure

VAT Returns

It is unlikely you will need this service, unless you are voluntarily registered for VAT.

Are you sure this is correct?

Yes, the business is VAT registered
No, let me change it

Call us on 020 3355 4047 if you’re not sure.

Bookkeeping

You only need this service if you want us to complete the bookkeeping on your behalf.

Would you prefer to complete your own bookkeeping?

Yes
No

Call us on 020 3355 4047 if you’re not sure.