Starting a new business? Get 40% off our accountancy services for 3 months! 😀


Tax is paid on all taxable income, including employment income, self-employment profits, interest earned on savings, taxable benefits and investments. Usually you can reclaim any overpayment of tax back from HMRC. This includes tax paid on the interest earned from your savings.

Are savings and investments taxable?

The interest that you earn from savings and investments is taxable. Usually your bank or building society will automatically apply the Personal Savings Allowance to any interest you earn.

Your total income for a year might also be less than your personal tax allowances though. This is the amount that you are entitled to earn before you start paying tax on it. If your earnings are below the threshold, you might be entitled to reclaim back tax that you pay on savings.

How can I reclaim tax paid on savings?

If tax has been charged on your savings or investment income and you aren’t a taxpayer, you can claim this back with an R40 form, or online. You will need to submit a claim for each separate year that you paid too much tax. A claim can be submitted up to four years following the relevant tax year – this is the year that you overpaid tax in.

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Read more posts...

June 2022 Client of the Month: Manea Kella

This month we spoke to Adrian Manea, architect and director at Manea Kella, a London based RIBA Chartered architecture and interior design…

Read More

Succession Planning for Business Owners: What Comes Next?

When you own a business, it’s extremely normal to feel like you’re surviving one day to the next – ‘winging it’, as…

Read More

The Accountancy Partnership – Our Positive Reviews

Here at The Accountancy Partnership, we’re proud of our customer reviews The reviews we receive from our customers show how hard we…

Read More
Back to Blog...

Confirm Transactions

The number of monthly transactions you have entered based on your turnover seem high. A transaction is one bookkeeping entry such as a sale, purchase, payment or receipt. Are you sure this is correct?

Yes, submit my quote
No, let me change it

Please contact our sales team if you’re unsure

VAT Returns

It is unlikely you will need this service, unless you are voluntarily registered for VAT.

Are you sure this is correct?

Yes, the business is VAT registered
No, let me change it

Call us on 020 3355 4047 if you’re not sure.


You only need this service if you want us to complete the bookkeeping on your behalf.

Would you prefer to complete your own bookkeeping?


Call us on 020 3355 4047 if you’re not sure.