Skip to main content
  • Who we help

    Our range of services are tailored to suit each business type

    If you're just starting out with a new business venture or if you already have an established business, we can help.

    Our accountants are very experienced in helping new businesses grow and also using their accounting expertise to help established organisations. We also have a history of working with contractors and freelancers, helping them through the year with business accounting and advice. Review some of our case studies here

    No matter the size of your business; an individual sole trader or a limited company with employees, we have an accounting service just for you.

  • What we help with

    For all your tax and accounting affairs, we have it covered.

    Let our accountants take care of your business accounting, giving you more time to concentrate on growing and running your business.

    We provide all of the services necessary to handle the accounting and taxation requirements for your business. Our accounting services include: Bookkeeping, Payroll, Tax Returns, VAT and Accounts Production. All the services you will ever need under one roof.

    We also provide unlimited business accounting support throughout the year, you will always have access to your dedicated accountant whenever you need it.

  • Newsletter sign up

    Get the latest info from us

When do you stop paying National Insurance?

National Insurance

National Insurance is paid all the way through your life as you work. The National Insurance Contributions you pay will build up an entitlement to some state benefits like the state pension. There are different types of National Insurance Contributions, and the type you pay will depend on whether you are self-employed or employed. The amount you contribute will depend on your level of earnings.

Contributions to National Insurance are paid from the age of 16 until state retirement age, as long as you are earning ID-100122923above the minimum level. Class 1 National Insurance is paid if you are an employee, Class 2 is payable for anyone self-employed and Class 4 contributions are paid by anyone self-employed. Once you reach state retirement age, you don’t pay National Insurance Contributions. However, the state retirement age is changing in the future dependent on your date of birth and gender.

If you decide to continue working after you reach the state retirement age, your employer will require some proof of your age like a birth certificate or passport. However, as you reach state retirement age you will be given a pack by the Pension Service which includes a certificate of age exception. Once your employer has either this or proof of your age, contributions will not be deducted from your total earnings.

If you continue in self-employment, you may be required to pay Class 4 National Insurance Contributions in the year that you reach state retirement age. However, you won’t have to pay them the following year.

Watch our three minute video to learn more about us

AAT Logo ACCA Logo Direct Debit Logo ICPA Logo ICO Logo