Skip to main content
  • Who we help

    Our range of services are tailored to suit each business type

    If you're just starting out with a new business venture or if you already have an established business, we can help.

    Our accountants are very experienced in helping new businesses grow and also using their accounting expertise to help established organisations. We also have a history of working with contractors and freelancers, helping them through the year with business accounting and advice. Review some of our case studies here

    No matter the size of your business; an individual sole trader or a limited company with employees, we have an accounting service just for you.

  • What we help with

    For all your tax and accounting affairs, we have it covered.

    Let our accountants take care of your business accounting, giving you more time to concentrate on growing and running your business.

    We provide all of the services necessary to handle the accounting and taxation requirements for your business. Our accounting services include: Bookkeeping, Payroll, Tax Returns, VAT and Accounts Production. All the services you will ever need under one roof.

    We also provide unlimited business accounting support throughout the year, you will always have access to your dedicated accountant whenever you need it.

  • Newsletter sign up

    Get the latest info from us

Reclaim VAT on new build


A new build is a building that has been built from scratch, without incorporating any existing building. The VAT Refund Scheme makes it possible for you to claim back the VAT on some of the building materials. You may apply for a refund of the VAT paid on certain specified materials using a form VAT431NB.

When you purchase build home from a builder or property developer, you won’t be charged VAT, This because the house being sold to you is zero-rated as the developer can claim back the VAT paid on some of his building materials. However, if you build a new home you won’t benefit from the zero-rating but will be able to claim a refund through the VAT Refund Scheme.

A new build is eligible for the scheme if it has been constructed as a residential or holiday home for yourself or relatives. If the new build has been purchased as a ‘shell’ from a developer, but you have fitted the home to completion, you may be able to claim back the VAT. A property that has been built for business use isn’t eligible for the scheme. There are other types of building works which are eligible for the scheme.

The VAT rates have changed and may have been charged at varying rates throughout the building of the property. A claim for a refund of VAT should be made no later than three months after the construction has been completed. Evidence of planning permission and building completion should be provided with the application for a VAT refund.

Watch our three minute video to learn more about us

AAT Logo ACCA Logo Direct Debit Logo ICPA Logo ICO Logo